What is the Funny Farm Laughter Club?
A Free Social Club that welcomes all to join. It is non-religious and non-political. We do not charge any membership fee. Laughter Yoga at the Funny Farm is not to be confused with traditional yoga classes. We don’t perform yoga poses so you don’t need a mat or any special equipment or experience. At the Funny Farm Laughter Club we combine playful laughter exercises and deep yogic breathing. We all laugh together for no reason except for the best reasons – health, happiness and world peace.
Practice Happiness at the Funny Farm, July 2018
Mon. July 2, 9, 16, 23, & 30 at 10 am
- Health Benefits: Laughter Yoga is an aerobic exercise (a mild cardio workout) that brings more oxygen to the body and brain. It makes us feel healthier and more energetic. Practicing Laughter Yoga strengthens the immune system which not only prevents us from falling sick but also helps us to feel better.
- Social Connector: Quality of life depends on the quality of your friends and relationships. Laughter is a great connector of people and you will meet lots of interesting people and develop new friendships at Laughter Club.
- Mission: To spread Good Health, Happiness and World Peace
What is Laughter Yoga? How can it Help you?
Everyone wants health and happiness. But instead, we are getting stressed out, depressed, more negative thoughts and sometimes feeling isolated. Does this sound like you? If you are someone who wants to bring more laughter and joy into your life or are someone who just loves to laugh, join us.
Laughter Yoga is a simple yet profound complete well-being exercise routine practiced around the world. Developed by an Indian medical doctor, Dr. Madan Kataria, it has spread across 100 countries and to tens of thousands of Laughter Clubs, around the world.
- You Laugh with Special Guided Techniques: It’s easy. Anyone can laugh for no reason without relying on humor, jokes or comedy and you feel the benefits from laughing the very first session!
- Real and Contagious Laughter: We initiate laughter as a body exercise, in a group, and with eye contact and childlike playfulness the laughter soon turns into real and contagious laughter.
- oxygenate your Body and Brain: Laughter Yoga is a combination of deep breathing exercises from yoga and laughter exercises, which oxygenates the body and brain, making us feel more creative and happier.
The basis of Laughter Yoga a scientific fact that the body cannot differentiate between spontaneous laughter and intentional laughter. You get the same physiological and psychological benefits from both. And this mild cardio exercise burns calories and tightens muscles in the most enjoyable way possible, by sharing a laugh.
Clinical research conducted in India and in the United States proves that Laughter lowers the level of stress hormones (epinephrine, cortisol, etc) in the blood.
5 Benefits of Laughter Yoga
Good Mood and More Laughter: Laughter Yoga helps to change your mood within minutes by releasing certain chemicals from your brain cells called endorphins. You remain cheerful and in a good mood throughout the day and will laugh more and more easily than you normally do.
Healthy Exercise to Beat Stress: Laughter Yoga is an aerobic exercise which brings more oxygen to the body and brain thereby making you feel more energetic and relaxed.
- Health Benefits: Laughter Yoga reduces stress and strengthens the immune system. You will not fall sick easily and if you have some chronic health conditions, you will heal faster.
Quality of Life: Laughter is a positive energy which helps people to connect with other people quickly and improves relationships. If you laugh more, you will attract many friends.
Positive Attitude in Challenging Times: Anyone can laugh when times are good but Laughter Yoga teaches people to laugh unconditionally so that they can laugh even during tough times. It provides strength in adversity, a coping mechanism, to help people keep a positive mental attitude regardless of the circumstances. If you can “laugh it off”, you will feel so much better. It gives hope and optimism to cope in difficult times.
Where is the Funny Farm Laughter Club
- Perfect Christmas Tree Farm, 999 US Highway 22, Lopatcong Township, Phillipsburg NJ 08865
- Go to the 18th century stone farmhouse at the end of the driveway
- For more information: email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/funnyfarmlaughterclub/ or call 908-763-1945.